Monday, January 3, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Happy new year.  I am so glad 2010 is over , because I like the thought of starting the year fresh, I can leave all the mistakes I have made and all the bad times behind me.

Is that how you feel at the start of a new year?  Or do you dread having to start a year all over again, does it make you feel anxious living another 12 months with a fog of darkness blinding you?

Sometimes I feel anxious at the start of a year but not this year.  The year 2010 has not been the best of years and I am glad to say good bye.

I don't know why but 2010 has been the year of finding out who your friends really are.  I am not going to bother trying to be friends with the whole world this year and hopefully I won't get to upset when someone doesn't like me.

You see the way I was bought up, you had to be friends with everyone even if you never really like the person, you must get them to like you and to always put everyone before yourself.

I still to this day I can't help but feel overwhelmed when meeting people for the first time and I am sure its due to the way I was raised.

Don't get me wrong, I love my father very much and I don't blame him, that's just how he is and no doubt that's how he was raised.  Funny how family traits filter down the generations.

Another reason for changing this behaviour, is I don't want to pass it on to my son, I do not want him to feel he has to befriend the world and have the approval of everyone he meets, I want him to stand up for himself and know that his opinion matters and not to just agree with everyone to keep the peace or to get them to like you, because in the end if you keep your voice silent it ends up driving you mad because it really wants to be heard.  Does this sound familiar?

No comments:

Post a Comment